Welcome to the It’s Just Lunch Midwest Employee Spotlight! Each week we will be featuring one of our many talented employees and highlighting their role here at It’s Just Lunch (along with some stellar dating advice too, of course!)
This week it is our pleasure to introduce you to…Sabrina Lorbiecki!
1. What is your job at It's Just Lunch? Client Services Manager
2. What is your favorite part of working for It's Just Lunch? Knowing I have a small part in helping someone change their life. Our clients come to us wanting a partner to walk hand in hand with and I get to be a part of that. I love listening to my clients story, hearing the details about the dates and eventually the details about the engagements & marriages. It’s the most satisfying feeling in the world to know I helped!
3. Who is your favorite celebrity couple? Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker – They have been together for 15+ years and still make it work. They raise children together and both have a career. That is rare these days. They seem to always be happy and still in love with one another. They work together - that's a recipe for success!
4. What's your favorite thing to do outside of work? Cook and play with my daughter!
5. What is the best piece of advice you could offer to singles that are ready to enter the dating scene? Never say never! Just because you dated someone who had brown hair in the past and it did not work out – do not swear off all the brown haired people in the world :) The next date you go on could be the one.
6. What's your favorite restaurant in Minneapolis? If I have no budget, Capital Grill in Minneapolis. They have the best food and amazing service. If I’m on a budget I love Hazel’s in Northeast Minneapolis. They have the best scratch made food and homemade soup.
7. What is your dream date? Start with a light dinner, followed by dancing at a jazz club, a moonlight walk then ending the night having a glass of wine.
8. Do you have a mantra that you live by? She believed she could so she did!
9. What's your favorite memory from working at It's Just Lunch? A couple I introduced stopped by the office recently - they are now married and they introduced me to their brand new baby! That's what IJL is all about, helping people find happiness and helping them to find their person to make a life with.
10. What are your top 3 dating tips?
1. Body Language matters. If your arms are crossed while trying to get to know someone they will think you are closed to what they are saying.
2. Keep your word. Call someone when you stated you would call. Be on time to your date, people feel disrespected if you do not show up on time.
3. Remember the date takes work. Keep up your end of the conversation, think of topics to discuss before you get there and last but not least, do not check facebook or text someone on your date.