Welcome to the It’s Just Lunch Midwest Employee Spotlight! Each week we will be featuring one of our many talented employees and highlighting their role here at It’s Just Lunch (along with some stellar dating advice too, of course!)
This week it is our pleasure to introduce you to…Kara Dejose!
2. What is your favorite part of working for It's Just Lunch? Hearing the success of the clients when they discover something new about themselves in the realms of dating
3. Who is your favorite celebrity couple? Kurt Russel and Goldie Hawn--I love Goldie Hawn and really respect her as an individual. They have been together for years, they stay out of the media, they seem to really support one another in their endeavors and they appear to enjoy their time spent together. They have a beautiful family that you see them involved with.
4. What's your favorite thing to do outside of work? I love to read and bake! Listening to music while baking is such a therapeutic time for me. And reading, oh I could just get lost in reading for hours. I love that it can capture your mind for hours without feeling like a minute has passed by.
5. What is the best piece of advice you could offer to singles that are ready to enter the dating scene? I would suggest that you never know who you will hit it off with. Don't put so much pressure on someone being your boyfriend/girlfriend. Take a deep breath, relax, and just enjoy being in the moment and meeting someone new. Regardless of if you classify it as a "good/bad" date, you're always learning something new about yourself and what you like, what you dislike, what type of person you're looking for, and how you want someone to make you feel.
6. What's your favorite restaurant in Denver? I love Snooze! The one located off Colorado Blvd is fabulous! I know its breakfast but they have some of the best pancakes--they have this Sweet Potato Pancake that is sensational! Also, their Bella Bella Benny Benedict is absolutely divine.
7. What is your dream date? My dream date, not my dream first date :), would be on a warm summer night by the ocean where we could see the sunset and play volleyball or a game of some sort, where you could see the night sky so clearly, a beautiful dinner, filled with laughter, and chocolate dessert of some sort. And wine, wine is always a nice touch.
8. Do you have a mantra that you live by? Let it go.
9. What's your favorite memory from working at It's Just Lunch? My favorite memory from IJL was when I had 5 testimonials from our clients. They all have such sweet things to say about working with me and it really moved me knowing that those clients truly enjoyed working with me.
10. What are your top 3 dating tips? Be open minded to whatever may happen. 2. Trust your gut. 3. Behave in a manner that if you were to look back in 10 years, you would be proud of how you handled any situation.