Welcome to the It’s Just Lunch Midwest Employee Spotlight! Each week we will be featuring one of our many talented employees and highlighting their role here at It’s Just Lunch (along with some stellar dating advice too, of course!)
This week it is our pleasure to introduce you to…Hope Rike!
1. What is your job at It's Just Lunch? Elite Matchmaker and Manager
2. What is your favorite part of working for It's Just Lunch? Making a difference in clients lives. Whether I get a call from a client announcing an engagement or a call from a Client who just had a great first date, it’s rewarding to know I am making a difference in clients lives.
3. Who is your favorite celebrity couple? Michael J Fox and Tracy Polan. They clearly have a strong marriage, lasting over 25 years, 4 children, and Michael being diagnosed and living with Parkinson’s disease. I also like that she is a few inches taller than he is and it doesn’t seem bother either of them, because when you find your soul mate a few inches shouldn’t make a difference.
4. What's your favorite thing to do outside of work? I love spending time with my family. My husband, my little girl and my 14 year old Lhasa oppso are the loves of my life. I also enjoy interior design, cooking, gardening and spending time with my friends and family.
5. What is the best piece of advice you could offer to singles that are ready to enter the dating scene? Go into dating with an open mind and positive outlook. Dating is a numbers game and while it is a means to an end, enjoy the process of getting to know new people. Each introduction to someone new is an opportunity and you never know where it may lead. Attraction is a key component of a relationship but don’t write someone off if there isn’t immediate chemistry. Take the time to get to know each one of your dates. You may even be surprised what you learn about yourself and what you are looking for.
6. What is your dream date? A great date for me is staying in, putting on music, opening a bottle of wine and cooking with my husband in our newly remodelled kitchen. It gives us the opportunity to create a delicious meal together and enjoy each other’s company.
7. Do you have a mantra that you live by? If you can dream it, you can do it!
8. What's your favorite memory from working at It's Just Lunch? There are so many but I would say getting the call to announce my first engagement as a matchmaker. That was a moment I will never forget. It felt amazing to know I can make such a difference in my clients lives.
9. What are your top 3 dating tips?
- RELAX- Take a deep breath and go with the flow. Finding the right person is not something you can force to happen on a timeline.
- TRUST and BELIEVE- Prince/Princess charming won’t always show up at the exact moment you would like them to but don’t ever lose faith that your match is out there. There is a lid to every pot!
- BE PROACTIVE- Don’t just sit around waiting for the love of your life. Whether it’s hiring a matchmaker, attending singles events or letting your friends fix you up; make sure you are doing something! And remember not to put all your eggs in one basket. Increase the number of singles you interact with and you will also increase your chances of finding the right match for you!