Think about it. Would you?
Unless you become the type of person who you’re looking for, you won’t attract the type of person you seek. This is really important to consider—what is it that you find most attractive in the opposite sex? The vast majority of singles say one of the top core values they look for in a partner is confidence.
Have you ever known men or women who aren’t necessarily the most handsome or pretty individuals, but they never lack dates? What makes them so attractive? Circle back to that top core value: the answer is CONFIDENCE! Self-confidence is contagious and screams sex appeal. Confident individuals are glowing with a bright, friendly, fun attitude, and they have a genuine interest in others. They’re happy with who they are and appreciate what they have to offer. This positive energy attracts an abundance of people who want to meet them.
Self-confidence produces the most amazing results. Here’s why:
- It’s sexy
- It allows you to relax and have fun
- It means you take rejection lightly and not personally
- It makes it clear that you are not desperate
- It means you’re content with yourself, your looks and your life—which only makes you more attractive
In order to gain self-confidence, you must first learn how to love yourself. It’s important that you recognize and appreciate what’s great about you—and accept what’s not so great. If you don’t love and accept who you are, how do you expect someone else to?
Here at It’s Just Lunch, my matchmakers put their heads together and came up with these boosters to improve your self-confidence and sex appeal.
- Stop measuring yourself against others, especially celebrities or pop culture icons. Recognize you are a hot ticket with a unique set of qualities and attributes. If you believe you are special, you will attract a partner who appreciates what you have to offer. Tell yourself, “I’m great just the way I am” or “I’m exciting” or “I’m loveable.” You are! This kind of pep talk helps imprint positive messages into your brain and eventually will change your outlook.
- Remember, the very characteristic or behavior that turns one person off may turn another person on. Don’t waste your time with people who don’t recognize what you have to offer. Learn to love yourself for everything you are, and people will be naturally drawn to you.
- Surround yourself with people who treat you with the love and respect you deserve. If you have people in your life who are overly critical or negative, weed them out.
- If you’re not happy with the way you look, treat yourself to a new look. Join a gym, book a day at the spa, go shopping with a stylist—and build self-confidence. Investing time in yourself will make you feel like a million bucks. Another little tip: dress and act your best at all times, because you never know when you might run into someone special. When you look good you feel good too!
- Step outside your own boundaries. Join a new club, take a dance class, go horseback riding or sky diving. Push through your fears and you’ll find yourself alive with confidence.
- Finally, DATE MORE! As you handle all the different dating situations you come across, it will reinforce positive feelings about yourself and boost your confidence in your dating ability. The more you date, the more comfortable you will become as you get to know new people.
At the end of the day, remember that nobody is perfect and no one ever will be (this includes you!) and everyone could use a little improvement in one way or another. You have to balance your desire to be all that you can be with your willingness to accept who you are. When you do this, all aspects of your life will benefit, including your love life.