Grocery store pickup lines--a sense of humor is required!
1. “Let me help you with that.” The most practical of the lines on the list, it’s really only effective when you actually help the person out.
2. ”The expiration date says ‘best if used by tonight.’ Can I make you dinner?” Be prepared for a laugh. Also, there’s always a chance that cute stranger you’re flirting with takes you up on your offer. Be prepared to cook.
3. Small talk is easy when you have something in common. If you’re both reading the nutritional information on sugary cereal boxes, point out the obvious: “I’m trying to convince myself that Corn Pops are healthy.”
4. Without playing dumb, ask for help or an opinion: “How do you know when an avocado is ripe?”
5. Break out the puns. Cringe-worthy puns can break the ice. “Funny meat-ing you here.” “This selection is nuts.” “Orange you glad citrus is finally in season?”
6. Check out your new crush’s shopping-cart contents. “Wow, looks like dinner’s at your place tonight.”
7. Hang out by the free samples then offer to “buy” dinner. Be sure to treat the sample lady with respect. Offer to tip.
8. End your grocery-store chitchat with, “I had a great time tonight. Would you like to plan the second date?”
9. If you’re standing in line together, comment on a ridiculous tabloid headline. “It’s the end of the world — again!” Bond over the ridiculous.
10. The best pickup line: “Do you know if they sell organic Oreos?”