By: Shawna Shimkovitz, Sr. Client Advisor, It's Just Lunch Chicago
As the weather outside gets frightful your date nights don’t have to be less than delightful! There are so many great date ideas in Chicago during the winter months:
- Christmas isn’t the same without holiday lights! The Lincoln Park Zoo offers free holiday fun November 28- January 4th. This is a perfect date night option – who doesn’t love Christmas lights, animals and Santa?! You can also catch a double decker heated bus that will take you around to the most famous holiday lights and sights! https://www.coachusa.com/chicagotrolley/booking.asp?action=ProductDetail&productId=6799
- Bundle up and head out to the Christkindlemarket downtown Chicago. Inspired by the Christkindlesmarkt in Germany, which began in 1545. Chicago brings a cherished German & European tradition to the Windy City. Grab your date and experience one of Chicago’s favorite outdoor markets! Stock up on unique Christmas gifts and make sure to come hungry- there are tons of different German food and drinks to try! The best part? It’s free!
- While you’re headed out for some Christmas fun keep your eye out for the Holiday Train- you might get to ride in style with Santa and Christmas music! Check out the schedule here: http://www.transitchicago.com/holidaytrain/ - it’s definitely something to see during December!
- Get outside! Ice skating is a popular outdoor activity in Chicago. It’s a great excuse to hold hands, get in a good workout and stay warm. There are a few different locations in the city to check out - The Rink at Wrigley, John Hancock Observatory and The McCormick Tribune Ice Rink (Millennium Park).
- When it’s snowy, cold and windy, plan a night in! Bring it back to the good old days with board games, movies and snacks. You can even make dinner – grilled cheese and tomato soup is a classic!
- Be a tourist in your own city! There are plenty of museums and landmarks around Chicago to keep you busy. Make sure to keep an eye on your city’s free museum days and check out places that you’ve always wanted to go. Don’t forget to take pictures!